Select a record type from the right navigation to find out the kind of information you might expect to find on an extract. Please note that extracts of Catholic Parish Registers, Valuation Rolls and Wills & Testaments are not available. Information on RCE's and Minor Records is included under Statutory Registers.
What is an extract?
An extract is an officially certified copy of a statutory register entry or copy of a parish register entry or census page and can also be called an official certificate.
Extracts of births, marriages and deaths are used for legal purposes or for formal applications such as passports.
Why are some images not available on line?
Birth records less than 100 years old, marriage records less than 75 years old and death records less than 50 years old are deemed to be modern day records and for these records it is necessary to order an extract.
How much does it cost to order an extract on line?
Extracts of OPR, statutory and census records may be ordered from this site at a cost of 12GBP per extract, inclusive of postage.
How do I order an extract?
You must first register then purchase 30 credits at a cost of 7GBP to allow you to carry out a search for the extract. The system charges 1 credit per page of results (up to 25 entries) displayed.
- Click on "ORDER" under the extract column next to the search result that interests you and that extract will be added to your shopping basket.
- The number of items and total cost of items in your shopping basket will appear at the top of the screen.
- Your shopping basket can be viewed when you are logged in by selecting “Shopping Basket” from the top menu.
- You may add or delete items at any time during the purchase process. However, please note that after one hour of inactivity, or if you log out, items are deleted from your shopping basket automatically.
- When you are ready to purchase your chosen item(s), hit “Next Stage” to proceed to the Purchase Page.
- Hit "Purchase" to then proceed to the Secure Payment Page.
- Check your personal, billing and shipping details are correct, and fill out your card details. Remember that you may cancel your purchase at any time.
- When you make payment please ensure that you allow enough time for the transaction to finalise.
- When the transaction is successful, you will be redirected back to the main site and receive an e-mail confirming the transaction.
How quickly will I receive the extract?
Orders are sent electronically to NRS. You should allow 15 working days for NRS to process the order and then extra time for postage. If your certificate is required urgently, and before our 15 working day target, you are advised to order the document directly through NRS where a priority service is available. Overseas orders are sent by airmail. Please allow enough time for your order to arrive. If you have still not received your documents, please contact us quoting the order reference, your username and the date that you placed the order.
What happens if I order the wrong extract?
Refunds will not generally be given, therefore you must be sure that the extract ordered is correct. If there is any dubiety over which record is the correct one, then you are recommended to order an extract using the search facility at NRS. For more information on the services available visit the NRS website